Tel: 01234 270074
- China seeks share-pledge extensions to calm market
Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges tell banks and other share-based lenders to be lenient
Posted on 21 January 2019 | 10:00 pm
- PG&E/hedge funds: the fire this time
Investors battle powerful adversaries for a share of US utility’s remaining value
Posted on 21 January 2019 | 4:31 pm
- Standard Chartered/Temasek: tiger balm
Bank needs to get smaller to achieve return on equity targets
Posted on 21 January 2019 | 3:53 pm
- Pension scams cost investors more than £200m
Business and individuals suffer as 24 companies are closed down, says government agency
Posted on 21 January 2019 | 12:49 pm
- Bill Winters still digging through ‘fertiliser’ at StanChart
Stakes are high for the bank’s boss as he prepares a strategy update for February
Posted on 21 January 2019 | 11:00 am
- IMF warns trade tensions could hit growth
The Fund cuts its 2019 growth prediction from 3.7% to 3.5% and says trade spats could make things worse.
Posted on 21 January 2019 | 5:47 pm
- HMRC error hits early-filing taxpayers
The tax authorities have been forced to apologise for two mistakes - wrongly charging penalties and for denying it had made the mistake.
Posted on 21 January 2019 | 4:48 pm
- Google hit with £44m GDPR fine over ads
Google has been fined 50 million euros (£44m) by the French data regulator CNIL.
Posted on 21 January 2019 | 4:13 pm
- Card surcharges: Customers charged hundreds illegally
The University of Hull was among businesses illegally charging customers more for paying by card.
Posted on 21 January 2019 | 4:07 pm
- Amazon, Apple and Google face data complaints
The entertainment streaming giants are accused of breaking the EU's data protection rules.
Posted on 21 January 2019 | 3:08 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.