Tel: 01234 270074
- American Express suspends buybacks after tax hit
Credit card issuer posts quarterly loss
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 10:00 pm
- Banks to set up funds to help businesses hit by Carillion collapse
HSBC, RBS and Lloyds to set up funds worth a combined £225m
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 8:07 pm
- Emmanuel Macron rejects special access for City after Brexit
French leader invites UK to ‘be my guest’ in single market if it pays and obeys rules
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 7:46 pm
- RBS management ‘knew or should have known’ about rogue unit
MPs use Commons protection to claim review found GRG strategy deliberate
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 7:28 pm
- Bain & Co founder, William ‘Bill’ Bain, 1937-2018
Firm has become a leading adviser to the world’s largest private equity groups
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 7:17 pm
- New Year cheer: 10 managers starting 2018 on a high
We highlight 10 fund managers rising up the Citywire ratings and starting the year on the front foot.
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 4:38 pm
- Brewin Dolphin signs 10-year lease on West End office
Brewin Dolphin is to open an outlet in London's St James's
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 1:53 pm
- Baillie Gifford appoints five new partners as four retire
The appointments will take the number of partners at Baillie Gifford to 44.
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 1:51 pm
- GP charged with soliciting murder of Brown Shipley adviser, in horror accident
A GP who has been charged with attempting to hire a hitman to kill a Brown Shipley financial adviser is in intensive care after being involved in a serious road accident.
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 1:46 pm
- MitonOptimal adds £100m with adviser acquisition
MitonOptimal has purchased a Wolverhampton financial planning and wealth advisory business.
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 12:01 pm
- Uber agrees investment deal with SoftBank
Founder Travis Kalanick is set to sell more than $1bn worth of shares, according to reports
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 8:41 pm
- Task force to support Carillion-hit firms
The government is co-ordinating efforts aimed at supporting business and workers affected.
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 6:51 pm
- Banks create funds for firms hit by Carillion collapse
Lloyds, RBS and HSBC will provide cash for struggling small firms as Nationwide takes on Carillion staff.
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 6:50 pm
- Santander boss named in RBS scandal
Nathan Bostock was responsible for controversial GRG division during scandal, MPs are told.
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 5:37 pm
- Amazon shortlists 20 metropolitan areas for new headquarters
The proposed site is expected to cost more than $5bn (£3.6bn) and create 50,000 jobs.
Posted on 18 January 2018 | 3:54 pm
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor our representatives are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.